Three useless in collision
Photograph: File picture
RCMP verify three individuals died in a tragic collision on the Trans-Canada Freeway close to Sorrento, Tuesday.
Sgt. Barry Kennedy of the Chase RCMP says a 51-year-old Sorrento man, heading eastbound in a sedan, and a 60- and 67-year-old husband and spouse from Blind Bay, travelling westbound in an SUV, have been killed within the crash.
“Preliminary indications from witnesses (are) the eastbound automobile crossed the double stable line and collided head on with the westbound automobile,” Kennedy says.
Employees Sgt. Janelle Shoihet with the BC RCMP stated in a press launch police arrived to search out paramedics had already decided the occupants of each automobiles had died on the scene.
A collision re-constructionist from the BC Freeway Patrol was referred to as to help within the investigation, which closed the freeway for a number of hours.
The collision occurred about 1 p.m. on the 400 block of the freeway.
“Our ideas are with all those that have been impacted by this horrible tragedy,” Kennedy stated.
The accident stays underneath investigation, and Kennedy says it’s too early to say if medicine or alcohol have been an element.